Protocols are also referenced in the individual data set documentation descriptions. Any specific modifications to existing procedures are noted there as well. A historical protocols page has been preserved.
Palmer LTER data, methods, procedures, and standards are summarized in the following table:
and in the following documents:
Palmer LTER Program Sampling Grid:
K.J.Waters, R.C.Smith, 1992
Antarctic Journal of the United States 27:236-239.
- CTD, Cruise Conductivity/Temperature/Salinity Measurement Manual 1999
- DOE Handbook of Methods for the analysis of carbon dioxide
- Carrillo, C.J., Smith, R.C., Karl, D.M., 2004. Processes regulating oxygen and carbon dioxide in surface waters west of the Antarctic Peninsula. Marine Chemistry 84 (3-4), 161-179.
- Dickson, A.G., Goyet, C., 1994. Handbook of methods for the analysis of the various parameters of the carbon dioxide system in sea water. Version 2. ORNL/CDIAC, Oak Ridge TN.Knap, A.,
- GO-SHIP, 2010. The GO-SHIP Repeat Hydrography Manual: A Collection of Expert Reports and Guidelines. IOCCP Report No. 14, ICPO Publication Series No. 134, Version 1, 2010. (Water Sample Data, Salinity, Oxygen, Chlorofluorocarbon and Sulfur Hexafluroide, DIC, Helium Isotopes and Tritium, CTD, ADCP, Meterorological and Flux Measurements, IHO Standards)
- Michaels, A.F., Close, A., Ducklow, H.W., Dickson, A., 1994. Protocols for the Joint Global Ocean Flux Study (JGOFS) Core Measurements. Report Nr 19. Reprint of the IOC Manuals and Guides. UNESCO, Paris, p. vi+170.
- CCAMLR Ecosystem Monitoring Program, Standard Methods 2004. Part I: Standard Methods for Monitoring Parameters of Predator Species (Penguins, Flying Birds, Seals); Part IV: Observation Protocols and Techniques