Additional Learning Resources
- Western Antarctic Peninsula
- Florida Marine ecosystem
- California Current Marine Ecosystem
- Alaska Marine Ecosystem
Scientific publications available for use by educators and general public.
- Fleeting phytoplankton - NASA article covering Palmer research on shorter ice seasons and waning phytoplankton blooms.
- Mass Marine Educators Doney, S.C, and H. Ducklow, 2013: Rapid climate change along the West Antarctic Peninsula: impacts from sea-ice to penguins, Flotsam & Jetsam, Massachusetts Marine Educators, (Winter 2013), 42(3), Pages 1 & 15-18.
- From Penguins to Polar Bears: The Impacts of Climate Change in Polar Regions, Cherry Winner (2014) with contributions from Scott Doney, Oceanus Magazine, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, MA. Accompanying video presentation and panel discussion (1:32 minutes)